Read Philippians 1:27-30.
“Whatever happens, as citizens of heaven live in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.” (vs.27)
What does it mean to “live in a manner worthy of the gospel?” Here in this passage, Paul says it specifically means five things. It means that:
- we who make up our church family “stand firm in the one Spirit” (vs.27)
- we, every member of our church family, strive “together with one accord for the faith of the gospel” (vs.27)
- we choose to live “without being frightened in any way by those who oppose” us (vs.27)
- we “believe on him” come what may (vs.29)
- we “suffer for him” when called to do so (vs.29)
Whatever else happens in your life, those are the things that need to happen. Whatever happens, live worthy.
Heavenly Father, grow all the more the faith, unity and courage that is in my church family. Grow us so that these things are not merely matters we give lip service to, but are things that we truly are and live out all the time. Begin that growth in me, I pray in Jesus’ name. For you alone are worthy. Amen.