Read Colossians 1:15-20.
I know of no other place in all the Bible where you will find a more comprehensive, and yet compact, elaboration on the deity of Jesus Christ. It’s all right here. Ask any question you will; you’ll find the answer in this text.
- What is Jesus Christ’s relationship to this world and all things that exist? Everything that has been created was created “in him, through him and for him.” He’s the one who holds “all things together.”
- What is Jesus’ relationship to God and people? He’s the one who “makes peace through his blood, shed on the cross.” He is the one who “reconciles to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven.”
- In the spiritual world, what is his role? What role does he play in God’s church? Quite simply, “he is the head of the body, the church.”
- So he has a relationship with all that is living; what about with the dead? He is “the firstborn from among the dead.”
- If all beings and things that are were ranked, where would he stand in line? “He is before all things.” He is the one who has “supremacy” in “everything.”
- What is Jesus like? He is the visible “image of the invisible God.” All the “fullness” of God “dwells” in Jesus Christ.
And so let every knee in heaven and earth, bend and let every head bow before the Lord Jesus Christ! There is none to compare.
Heavenly Father, that I can speak with you and that you would hear me is all because of the name of Jesus. As I claim to be in him and of him today, may it be him that others see, I pray. May my life today, and everyday, be absolute reverence to him. Amen.