Some of our Sunday morning adult classes at MoSt Church, such as the 20/20 class, will start a study of the material unique to Luke’s Gospel this coming Sun., Dec. 4 while others will begin this same study starting one week later (Dec. 11). For lack of a better title, I’ll refer to it as the Only Luke is With Me study. Following is an outline (prepared by Bill Ehlig) that the teacher of your particular class may choose to follow as their guide. You will not want to miss a week of this study so be here at 9:00 a.m. by all means!
1. The births of John & Jesus (1:1-2:40): a two week study of the birth of John and Jesus. Read this section in preparation for this coming Sunday’s study!
5. Watchfulness and faithfulness (12:35-48); teaching on humility (14:7-14); the unprofitable servant (17:7-10): Jesus not only spoke from the fields and flocks, but also from the household and around meals.
7. The lost coin and the lost son (15:8-32): timeless tellings.
11. Those crucified with Jesus (23:39-43).
12. On the Road to Emmaus (24:13-35): This the most detailed discussion of the synoptic Gospels except perhaps for those involving of Pilate.
Oh, and beginning later today, you’ll start seeing quite a bit of material for the next three months on this blog relating directly to this material unique to Luke’s Gospel. Follow along with me through this journey through some good stuff for your life!